A Rideshare Accident Attorney Can Help Your Case
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have taken over cities and towns throughout the United States, and cities like Phoenix and Tucson are no exception. While these services are generally safe, accidents do happen, and often leave their victims with serious injuries, property damage, and extensive medical bills.
The personal injury attorneys with The Advocates have helped thousands of car accident victims, and we are ready to help you too. Whether you were injured as a rideshare passenger or as a driver, we can assist you in your physical, emotional, and financial recovery.
If you need a competent, experienced attorney for your personal injury claim, contact The Advocates law firm today for a free consultation.
The Next Steps In Your Case
Immediately after your accident, check for injuries
Contact The Advocates as soon as possible to begin the road to recovery
Seek medical attention as soon as you can
Get any property damage assessed and repaired
Once you've completed treatment, your case can move forward
Your Advocate will send a demand letter to the other party
Frequently Asked Questions
You will pay nothing out-of-pocket when you hire an Advocate.
Your initial consultation with us is always 100% free. There are never any upfront costs or hidden fees.
Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that our attorney fees are calculated as a percentage of your settlement. We don’t get paid unless we win your case and you receive a settlement.
For more information on how settlements and payment work, please see our contingency fee information page.
Not every accident requires an attorney. However, if the accident resulted in injuries or significant property damage, it is a good idea to contact a lawyer. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the claims process, which can be lengthy and complex.
Your attorney will build your case, keep track of your medical records, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary. Studies have shown that accident victims who hire a personal injury lawyer can receive settlements up to 3.5 times larger than if they settled on their own.
The best way to know if you have a case is to speak with an attorney. The Advocates offer free consultations—you can speak with a qualified legal team to understand what your case is worth without paying a dime. Once you have decided to hire an Advocate, we will investigate your accident to firmly establish liability.
Every personal injury case is different. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to accident claims. The length of the claims process will depend on the severity of your injuries, the willingness of the other party to settle, the court’s caseload, and more.
In general, personal injury cases can take anywhere from several months to a few years. It’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible to get your case started. Each state has a statute of limitations for personal injury cases, after which you will lose your right of action.
When you hire The Advocates, we will begin investigating your accident immediately while you finish medical treatment. Once all evidence and medical records have been compiled, your attorney will send a demand letter to the other party’s insurance company. At this point, negotiations will begin.
In many cases, a settlement can be reached during negotiations. If the other party refuses to make a fair offer, you may choose to file a suit. In the litigation phase, your attorney will represent you in court in front of a judge, jury, and/or arbitrator.
We Get Results
A Team of Legal Professionals Assigned to Your Case
For 30 years, the personal injury lawyers with The Advocates have helped victims receive the compensation and care they deserve after their accidents, and we are prepared to do the same for you.
We can help you:
- Understand the claims process
- Investigate your accident
- Build your case
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters
- Understand your medical bills
Talking to a Professional
- No need to schedule an appointment
- No need to wait for an email response
- Free online consultation
- Talk directly with an attorney
I was in an accident 3 years ago and had a very bad experience with the attorney back then I was in another accident last year and called the advocates mark and his team were amazing changed my view on accident attorneys they kept I'm touch with me every step of the way gave me authority on choices for myself I didn't have to go with what they said I could go against it and they still would have worked with me the same I had choices this time around I would always go with Mark I have even sent friends his way just cause I appreciate all the help and support the whole way threw.
My experience with the advocates was a good one. After being hit by a car on my motorcycle they helped me with a settlement with the insurance company to get the hospital bills paid. They were extremely helpful. They always answered any questions I had with in a day. Every email I sent was always responded to. If you unfortunately has to go through a injury by another person I would recommend them in helping you resolve any debt you have because if that injury. The Advocates were great to work with and help me get this unfortunate event behind me.
Steve and his crew at The Advocates were nothing short for amazing. They took my case after I was rear-ended resulting in neck surgery. Steve and company made sure all of the was taken care of and that I got the maximum compensation possible. I definitely recommend The Advocates
Mr. Brad Johnson, our lawyer; was Awesome! He was very informative, kept us up to date on my case with regular calls. He returned calls back to us within 24 hours or less. Brad Johnson is very courteous, honest, kind, and a pleasure to talk to and work with. There are very few Lawyers out there that could even come close to the high morals that Brad Johnson has and has shown towards us. We need more lawyers like Brad Johnson . If we ever needed a disability lawyer again in the future; it would be Brad Johnson and The Advocates Firm that he works at. We will definitely turn ALL of our family and friends towards this lawyer and firm; in a heartbeat!!!
I want to First say that I am truly thankful for the advocates Law Firm they have been a great service to me through this ordeal and Katie she is a tremendous lawyer someone that I would recommend she fights tooth and nail for her clients and the rest of the team they supported me to the fullest with that being said I would like to say for anyone who is trying to find an attorney to fight their case The Advocates is the way to go.
Arizona Rideshare Accident Statistics
Where are rideshare accidents most likely to occur?
- Large cities like Phoenix see the highest numbers of rideshare vehicle accidents
- Rideshare services are most used on weekends, during rush hour, and in the evenings
- Areas around airports and bars have the highest density of rideshare vehicles
Arizona rideshare accident statistics
- Uber partnered with Waymo in 2023 to begin rolling out driverless rideshare vehicles in Phoenix. This comes five years after Uber gave up on its own self-driving cars after a deadly crash in Tempe in 2018.
- Uber drivers complete more than 6 billion trips each year
- 90% of Uber vehicle fatalities happen in urban areas
- The introduction of rideshare services coincided with a 3% increase in car accidents across the nation
- Increases in Google searches for “Uber” or “Lyft” have been correlated with increases in car accident fatalities
Common causes of rideshare accidents
- Distracted driving: Uber and Lyft drivers navigate and accept ride requests using an app on their phone. Because of this, they may be more distracted than the average driver.
- Fatigue: Some of the busiest hours for Lyft and Uber drivers are late at night, when many people are requesting rides home from bars or airports. The rideshare drivers accepting these requests may be tired, especially if they have been working for many hours at a time.
- Aggressive driving: Road rage is a massive problem on US roads.
- Speeding: Rideshare drivers may feel pressured to pick up and drop off passengers quickly, so that they can accept more requests.
- Impaired driving: Car accidents are far more likely to happen when one or more drivers is under the influence.
Common rideshare accident injuries
Depending on the nature of your accident, car accident injuries can range from mild to life-threatening. Some common vehicle collision injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and bruising
- Scarring and disfigurement
Rideshare Accident FAQs
What qualifications must rideshare drivers meet?
Rideshare drivers are independent contractors who typically work using their personal vehicle. Exact requirements for becoming a rideshare driver vary by city.
General Arizona rideshare driver requirements include:
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a background check and driving history screening
- Upload proof of personal auto insurance coverage and registration
- Own a smartphone that can run the rideshare app
- Four-door car with 5-8 seats, including the drivers
- 2009 or newer (2007 or newer in Flagstaff, Phoenix, and Tucson)
- Not a taxi, limousine, or non-Express Drive rental vehicle
- Not classified as salvage, rebuilt, non-repairable, or any other equivalent classification
- Proof of passing annual inspection if vehicle is 10 years or older
Some insurance companies will require rideshare drivers to have commercial insurance coverage or special rideshare insurance on their policies before they will cover damages from an Uber or Lyft accident.
Do rideshare companies have insurance coverage?
The circumstances surrounding your accident will determine whose insurance provider is liable for your damages.
If the Uber/Lyft driver was at fault, the driver’s liability insurance and/or the rideshare company’s insurance policy should cover your damages. This will depend on what was happening at the time of the accident:
If the rideshare app was offline
The at-fault driver’s personal insurance policy should cover your damages.
If the rideshare app was on and the driver was available to accept a request
In this circumstance, Uber and Lyft have different policies for the state of Arizona.
Lyft’s insurance policy is as follows:
- $25,000/person for bodily injury
- $50,000/accident for bodily injury
- $20,000/accident for property damage
Uber’s insurance policy is as follows:
- $50,000/person for bodily injury
- $100,000/accident for bodily injury
- $25,000/accident for property damage
For both companies, these insurance policies only apply to third-party damages and only take effect when the at-fault driver’s insurance policy does not apply.
If the rideshare app was on and the driver had accepted a ride request
In this instance, both rideshare companies maintain the following insurance policies:
- $1,000,000 in third-party liability coverage
- Some first-party coverage, depending on the company
Regardless of who was at-fault in your accident, their insurance company isn’t likely to make it easy for you to receive maximum compensation for your damages. An Uber/Lyft accident attorney can help you fight for the settlement you deserve.
What should I do after a rideshare accident?
After any type of accident, it is important to take the following steps in order to protect yourself and your right to a claim:
- Check for injuries
- If there are serious injuries, call 911 for immediate medical attention
- Even if there are no serious injuries, call the police and file a police report
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the rideshare driver and the driver of the other vehicle
- Document the scene of the accident with pictures and videos
- Obtain contact information from witnesses
- Report the accident to your own insurance company, even if you were not at fault
- Seek medical care, even if you do not believe you were injured
- Consider contacting a Phoenix rideshare accident lawyer with The Advocates
How long do I have to file an Uber/Lyft accident claim?
A Phoenix Uber accident lawyer can offer legal advice and help you find the next best steps for your case, but it is in your best interest to begin the process as soon as possible.
In general, the statute of limitations for car accidents in Arizona is two years. After this period of time has passed, you will lose your right to file a rideshare accident claim.
What damages can I seek after my rideshare accident?
Some common damages from rideshare accidents include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages, including loss of future earnings
- Physical and emotional distress
- Funeral expenses (in the case of wrongful death)
Which damages you may be entitled to will depend on the circumstances surrounding your case. An Arizona car accident attorney can help you understand your options.
When Should I Hire a Phoenix Rideshare Accident Attorney?
If you were injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, it is a good idea to consider contacting an Uber accident attorney. The at-fault driver’s insurance company will likely put up a fight before offering you a fair settlement for your damages.
The Arizona Advocates’ auto accident lawyers have decades of experience negotiating with insurance providers and fighting for our clients’ right to fair compensation under the law. We will go up against the at-fault party’s insurance company to get you a fair settlement offer and help you get on the road to recovery.
In addition to excellent legal representation, your Advocate will provide personal attention and care depending on your unique needs. We can help you access medical care, find auto repair shops for your vehicle, and answer any questions you have about the claims process.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation. You deserve a car accident attorney who will go above and beyond for you. You deserve an Advocate.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
- CALL US
- FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
- CHAT WITH US