A Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Can Help Your Case
Slip and fall accidents may not seem serious, but they can lead to catastrophic, even life-threatening injuries, particularly for people 65 and older. Wet floors, uneven paths, and poorly-lit walkways can all create hazards that lead to these devastating accidents.
The personal injury attorneys with The Advocates have helped thousands of accident victims, and we are ready to help you too. Our slip and fall accident attorneys understand the difficulties you are facing after your accident, and are committed to helping you throughout your entire recovery.
If you’ve been injured due to a property owner’s negligence in Phoenix, Tucson, or elsewhere in Arizona, you need an experienced slip and fall lawyer for your premises liability claim. Contact The Advocates personal injury law firm today for a free consultation.
The Next Steps In Your Case
Immediately after your accident, check for injuries
Contact The Advocates as soon as possible to begin the road to recovery
Seek medical attention as soon as you can
Keep track of any and all treatment you receive during recovery
Once you've completed treatment, your case can move forward
Your Advocate will send a demand letter to the other party
Frequently Asked Questions
Not every accident requires an attorney. However, if the accident resulted in injuries or significant property damage, it is a good idea to contact a lawyer. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the claims process, which can be lengthy and complex. Your attorney will build your case, keep track of your medical records, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary. Studies have shown that accident victims who hire a personal injury lawyer can receive settlements up to 3.5 times larger than if they settled on their own.
The best way to know if you have a case is to speak with an attorney. The Advocates offer free consultations—you can speak with a qualified legal team to understand what your case is worth without paying a dime. Once you have decided to hire an Advocate, we will investigate your accident to firmly establish liability.
Your initial consultation with us is always 100% free. There are never any upfront costs or hidden fees when you hire The Advocates.
Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that our attorney fees are calculated as a percentage of your settlement. You will not pay us unless we win your case, and you receive a settlement.
Every personal injury case is different. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to accident claims. The length of the claims process will depend on the severity of your injuries, the willingness of the other party to settle, the court’s caseload, and more.
In general, personal injury cases can take anywhere from several months to a few years. It’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible to get your case started. Each state has a statute of limitations for personal injury cases, after which you will lose your right of action.
When you hire The Advocates, we will begin investigating your accident immediately while you finish medical treatment. Once all evidence and medical records have been compiled, your attorney will send a demand letter to the other party’s insurance company. At this point, negotiations will begin.
In many cases, a settlement can be reached during negotiations. If the other party refuses to make a fair offer, you may choose to file a suit. In the litigation phase, your attorney will represent you in court in front of a judge, jury, and/or arbitrator.
A Team of Legal Professionals Assigned to Your Case
For nearly 30 years, The Advocates have helped thousands of personal injury victims receive the compensation and care they deserve after their accidents, and we are prepared to do the same for you.
We can help you:
- Understand the claims process
- Access medical care and other treatment such as physical therapy
- Investigate your accident
- Build your case
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters
Talking to a Professional
- No need to schedule an appointment
- No need to wait for an email response
- Free online consultation
- Talk directly with an attorney
I was in an accident 3 years ago and had a very bad experience with the attorney back then I was in another accident last year and called the advocates mark and his team were amazing changed my view on accident attorneys they kept I'm touch with me every step of the way gave me authority on choices for myself I didn't have to go with what they said I could go against it and they still would have worked with me the same I had choices this time around I would always go with Mark I have even sent friends his way just cause I appreciate all the help and support the whole way threw.
My experience with the advocates was a good one. After being hit by a car on my motorcycle they helped me with a settlement with the insurance company to get the hospital bills paid. They were extremely helpful. They always answered any questions I had with in a day. Every email I sent was always responded to. If you unfortunately has to go through a injury by another person I would recommend them in helping you resolve any debt you have because if that injury. The Advocates were great to work with and help me get this unfortunate event behind me.
Steve and his crew at The Advocates were nothing short for amazing. They took my case after I was rear-ended resulting in neck surgery. Steve and company made sure all of the was taken care of and that I got the maximum compensation possible. I definitely recommend The Advocates
Mr. Brad Johnson, our lawyer; was Awesome! He was very informative, kept us up to date on my case with regular calls. He returned calls back to us within 24 hours or less. Brad Johnson is very courteous, honest, kind, and a pleasure to talk to and work with. There are very few Lawyers out there that could even come close to the high morals that Brad Johnson has and has shown towards us. We need more lawyers like Brad Johnson . If we ever needed a disability lawyer again in the future; it would be Brad Johnson and The Advocates Firm that he works at. We will definitely turn ALL of our family and friends towards this lawyer and firm; in a heartbeat!!!
I want to First say that I am truly thankful for the advocates Law Firm they have been a great service to me through this ordeal and Katie she is a tremendous lawyer someone that I would recommend she fights tooth and nail for her clients and the rest of the team they supported me to the fullest with that being said I would like to say for anyone who is trying to find an attorney to fight their case The Advocates is the way to go.
Arizona Slip and Fall Statistics
Arizona slip, trip, and fall statistics
- One out of five falls causes a serious injury
- Traumatic brain injuries are seen in about one-quarter of fall patients seen at Arizona trauma centers
- The highest rates of fall accidents happen to people who are over 65 years old, people with disabilities, and people who live in rural areas
- Once a person has been injured from a fall, they are more likely to fall again
- Women are more likely to experience a fracture after a fall than men
- Coconino and Navajo counties have the highest rate of fatal fall accidents
- The total yearly hospital costs for fall injuries in Arizona exceed 1.5 million dollars
- Fall accidents lead to more than 1,100 deaths each year in Arizona
- The most common injuries following slips, trips, and falls are to the extremities, but the most serious injuries are head and neck injuries
Common causes of slip and fall accidents:
A fall can happen just about anywhere, at any time. However, certain circumstances may increase the risk of slips, trips, and falls:
- Unmarked wet floors: When a spill happens in a grocery store, restaurant, or other public space, it should be cleaned up as quickly as possible to prevent slipping. Warning signs should be present until the spill is completely cleaned and dried
- Unsafe stairways: When staircases are steep, slippery, or narrow, it can create hazardous conditions, especially if handrails are not present
- Uneven surfaces: Cracks or potholes in sidewalks, parking lots, or walkways present a tripping hazard, particularly if they are difficult to see
- Damaged flooring: Loose carpeting, broken tiles, and uneven hardwood can cause tripping accidents, especially in poorly-lit areas
- Obstacles or hazards on walkway: People, especially those who are visually impaired or otherwise disabled, may trip and fall over objects left in walkways
- Falls from work equipment: Many workers’ compensation claims are a result of slips and falls while working
Common slip and fall injuries
Depending on several factors, slip and fall injuries can range from mild to life-threatening. Some common injuries resulting from fall accidents include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones, especially hips
- Sprains and strains, particularly to the wrists, hands, or ankles
Arizona Premises Liability Laws
Who is responsible for my slip and fall accident?
Proving liability in a slip and fall accident can be difficult and complex. Many factors must be proven by the injured party before a property owner may be considered negligent.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you will need to prove negligence by establishing the following:
- Duty: The property owner was responsible for keeping the area safe for you
- Breach of duty: The property owner failed to keep the area reasonably safe
- Causation: The dangerous conditions on the property caused your injury
- Damages: You suffered damages such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, or even funeral expenses for a loved one due to the unsafe conditions on the property
In general, property owners are not responsible for injuries sustained by trespassers, or for injuries that were not caused by dangerous conditions on their property.
If you aren’t sure whether you have a valid personal injury claim, contact an experienced Phoenix slip and fall accident lawyer with The Advocates
Are slip and falls covered by insurance?
Many businesses have general liability insurance that should cover damages resulting from a slip and fall accident. This coverage is not required under Arizona law, but many business owners choose to purchase it.
If your injury happened at another person’s home, their homeowners’ insurance should cover a personal injury lawsuit. Regardless of where your accident occurred, your injuries will only be covered if you can prove negligence on the part of the property owner.
What is the statute of limitations for slip and falls?
For any personal injury case, the injured party only has a certain amount of time to file their claim. After that time period is up, they lose their ability to collect any damages. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations.
In Arizona, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is 2 years. However, it is a good idea to file your claim as soon as possible. Premises liability cases can take a long time to settle, so acting quickly gives you the best chance of receiving a settlement. If you think you have a case, contact a personal injury lawyer so they may help you understand your options and begin working on your claim.
Why Should I Hire a Arizona Slip and Fall Attorney?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you will need to prove negligence on the part of the property owner before you may collect compensation for your damages. This can quickly become a complex task– one that can be potentially detrimental to your recovery.
A slip and fall injury lawyer with The Advocates can provide you with the legal representation you need. We will help you compile evidence from your accident, keep track of your medical records, and negotiate with insurance companies.
The Advocates have more than 30 years of experience helping accident victims with their slip and fall claims. We are ready to help make your recovery a successful one by taking stress off your plate and allowing you to focus on feeling better.
The Advocates provide open, honest communication and regular updates on your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. You deserve an attorney who will be there for you every step of the way. You deserve an Advocate.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
- CALL US
- FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
- CHAT WITH US