A Self-Driving Car Accident Attorney Can Help Your Case
Many car manufacturers seem to be of the mind that self-driving vehicles are the way of the future. Companies currently developing technology for autonomous cars include Tesla, Ford, Uber, and General Motors. Many of these companies assert that driverless cars are safer than traditional vehicles, because they remove the potential for human error.
While eventually this may be true, the technology is still being developed. Autonomous vehicles can still be involved in accidents, and can still cause serious injuries, property damage, and emotional trauma to their victims.
The Advocates’ personal injury attorneys have helped thousands of car accident victims with their recoveries, and we are ready to help you too. We are committed to doing everything in our power to help you obtain a fair settlement for your damages.
If you need a competent, experienced attorney for your personal injury claim, contact The Advocates law firm today for a free consultation.
The Next Steps In Your Case
Immediately after your accident, check for injuries
Contact The Advocates as soon as possible to begin the road to recovery
Seek medical attention as soon as you can
Keep track of any and all treatment you receive during recovery
Once you've completed treatment, your case can move forward
Your Advocate will send a demand letter to the other party
Frequently Asked Questions
Not every accident requires an attorney. However, if the accident resulted in injuries or significant property damage, it is a good idea to contact a lawyer. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the claims process, which can be lengthy and complex. Your attorney will build your case, keep track of your medical records, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary. Studies have shown that accident victims who hire a personal injury lawyer can receive settlements up to 3.5 times larger than if they settled on their own.
The best way to know if you have a case is to speak with an attorney. The Advocates offer free consultations—you can speak with a qualified legal team to understand what your case is worth without paying a dime. Once you have decided to hire an Advocate, we will investigate your accident to firmly establish liability.
Your initial consultation with us is always 100% free. There are never any upfront costs or hidden fees when you hire The Advocates.
Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that our attorney fees are calculated as a percentage of your settlement. You will not pay us unless we win your case, and you receive a settlement.
Every personal injury case is different. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to accident claims. The length of the claims process will depend on the severity of your injuries, the willingness of the other party to settle, the court’s caseload, and more.
In general, personal injury cases can take anywhere from several months to a few years. It’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible to get your case started. Each state has a statute of limitations for personal injury cases, after which you will lose your right of action.
When you hire The Advocates, we will begin investigating your accident immediately while you finish medical treatment. Once all evidence and medical records have been compiled, your attorney will send a demand letter to the other party’s insurance company. At this point, negotiations will begin.
In many cases, a settlement can be reached during negotiations. If the other party refuses to make a fair offer, you may choose to file a suit. In the litigation phase, your attorney will represent you in court in front of a judge, jury, and/or arbitrator.
A Team of Car Accident Professionals Assigned to Your Case
For 30 years, the personal injury lawyers with The Advocates have helped victims receive the compensation and care they deserve after their accidents, and we are prepared to do the same for you.
We can help you:
- Understand the claims process
- Investigate your accident
- Build your case
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters
- Understand your medical bills
Talking to a Professional
- No need to schedule an appointment
- No need to wait for an email response
- Free online consultation
- Talk directly with an attorney
I was in an accident 3 years ago and had a very bad experience with the attorney back then I was in another accident last year and called the advocates mark and his team were amazing changed my view on accident attorneys they kept I'm touch with me every step of the way gave me authority on choices for myself I didn't have to go with what they said I could go against it and they still would have worked with me the same I had choices this time around I would always go with Mark I have even sent friends his way just cause I appreciate all the help and support the whole way threw.
My experience with the advocates was a good one. After being hit by a car on my motorcycle they helped me with a settlement with the insurance company to get the hospital bills paid. They were extremely helpful. They always answered any questions I had with in a day. Every email I sent was always responded to. If you unfortunately has to go through a injury by another person I would recommend them in helping you resolve any debt you have because if that injury. The Advocates were great to work with and help me get this unfortunate event behind me.
Steve and his crew at The Advocates were nothing short for amazing. They took my case after I was rear-ended resulting in neck surgery. Steve and company made sure all of the was taken care of and that I got the maximum compensation possible. I definitely recommend The Advocates
Mr. Brad Johnson, our lawyer; was Awesome! He was very informative, kept us up to date on my case with regular calls. He returned calls back to us within 24 hours or less. Brad Johnson is very courteous, honest, kind, and a pleasure to talk to and work with. There are very few Lawyers out there that could even come close to the high morals that Brad Johnson has and has shown towards us. We need more lawyers like Brad Johnson . If we ever needed a disability lawyer again in the future; it would be Brad Johnson and The Advocates Firm that he works at. We will definitely turn ALL of our family and friends towards this lawyer and firm; in a heartbeat!!!
I want to First say that I am truly thankful for the advocates Law Firm they have been a great service to me through this ordeal and Katie she is a tremendous lawyer someone that I would recommend she fights tooth and nail for her clients and the rest of the team they supported me to the fullest with that being said I would like to say for anyone who is trying to find an attorney to fight their case The Advocates is the way to go.
Self-Driving Car Crash Information
Facts about self-driving cars
- Currently, no fully automated vehicles are sold to the public. Most simply provide driver assistance, such as automatic cruise control and steering wheel adjustment
- Actual driverless vehicles are being tested in Phoenix, Arizona and San Francisco, California, by the vehicle manufacturer Waymo
- Most automated cars are programmed to hand control of the vehicle over to a human driver if the driving system doesn’t know what to do next
- Self-driving vehicles rely on cameras and sensors to follow lane markings and avoid collisions. These systems could be compromised in low-visibility situations, such as snowstorms
- A recent study by the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy found that vehicle automation, in combination with vehicle electrification and ridesharing, could reduce traffic congestion by 30% and reduce urban CO2 emissions by 80%
Self-driving vehicle accident statistics
- Over an 11-month period (July 2021-May 2022), 273 Teslas were involved in accidents while in autopilot mode, killing five people
- During the same time frame, 90 self-driving Hondas were involved in accidents
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), human error accounts for 94% of car accidents
Common causes of self-driving car accidents
- Unpredictable driving: Artificial intelligence is unable to make eye contact or read body language of other motorists in the same way human drivers can. When other drivers act unpredictably on the road, self-driving cars may crash into them
- Manufacturing defects: If an automated driving system fails, it increases the likelihood of an accident, particularly if the human driver isn’t paying attention
- Adverse weather conditions: Snow and fog can impair the sensors on automated motor vehicles
Common car accident injuries
Depending on the nature of your accident, car accident injuries can range from mild to life-threatening. Some common vehicle collision injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and bruising
- Scarring and disfigurement
Self-Driving Vehicle Accident FAQs
Who is liable for a self-driving car accident?
While currently, most car accidents on the roadway involve two human drivers, fully automated cars are beginning to make appearances. Proving liability in these cases can be a little trickier than in normal motor vehicle accidents.
If a car accident is caused by human error, the at-fault driver is liable for the other party’s damages. As technological advancements are made and truly driverless vehicles become more common, liability may begin to shift.
If a car was on autopilot at the time of an accident, the crash may have been caused by a mechanical defect or faulty equipment. In this case, the vehicle manufacturer may be held accountable in a product liability case.
Insurers for auto companies are typically no more willing to pay out fair settlements than personal insurance providers. Regardless of the nature of your accident, a personal injury attorney can help you fight insurance adjusters and receive the compensation you deserve.
What are the different types of self-driving cars?
The Society of Automotive Engineers defines 6 levels of driving automation. The levels are as follows:
- 0- No automation. Human is fully in control of the vehicle
- 1- Driver assistance. Vehicle includes driving features like cruise control
- 2- Partial automation. Vehicle can control steering and speed, but human can take control at any time
- 3- Conditional automation. Vehicle can detect its environment and perform most driving functions
- 4- High automation. Vehicle performs all driving tasks under specific circumstances. Human must still pay attention and take over if necessary
- 5- Full automation. Vehicle performs all driving tasks and no human attention is needed
Currently, most cars on the road fall somewhere between 0-2. Some cars have conditional or high automation. Full automation is not yet available to the public.
What should I do after an accident?
After any car crash, be sure to take the following actions to protect your right to a car accident claim:
- Check for injuries and call 911 for anyone seriously hurt
- Move your vehicle off the roadway if possible
- Call the police and file a report
- Exchange information with the other driver
- Get contact information from witnesses
- Seek medical treatment
- Notify your insurance provider
When Should I Hire a Self-Driving Car Accident Attorney?
If you were injured in a car accident due to human error or a mechanical defect, you will need to gather evidence for your claim, keep track of your medical records, negotiate with insurance companies, and possibly take your case to court. The claims process can quickly become long and complex.
The at-fault party’s insurance company will likely do whatever they can to prove you had some responsibility in the accident. Fighting with insurance adjusters can be stressful, frustrating, and harmful to your recovery.
An auto accident attorney can take on the claims process for you, but it is in your best interest to begin the process as soon as possible. Every state has a statute of limitations on personal injury cases, usually between 1-6 years. Once the deadline passes, you will lose your right of action.
The Advocates’ auto accident lawyers have years of experience negotiating with insurance providers and fighting for our clients’ right to fair compensation under the law. We will go up against the at-fault party’s insurance company to get you a fair settlement offer and help you get on the road to recovery.
Your Advocates legal team will be by your side from the day you contact us to the day your case is settled. Our number one priority is your peace of mind. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. You deserve an attorney who will fight for you. You deserve an Advocate.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
- CALL US
- FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
- CHAT WITH US