Matthew founded his law firm with the goal of building a community of caring, understanding, and philanthropy centered around the needs of its clientele. His final product resulted in the creation of The Advocates personal injury law firm.
Matt earned his law degree in 1991 from the University of Utah’s Law School and began to practice personal injury law in the following year. He began a solo practice in Midvale, Utah before moving his office to downtown Salt Lake in 1995. A year later, Matt purchased a building which served as the headquarters of The Advocates until 2018 when the firm relocated to its current location. Matt and a group of partnering attorneys joined forces and became the Driggs, Bills & Day, P.C. personal injury law firm. Since the founding of The Advocates, Matt has helped compensate his clients to the tune of over $300 million dollars.
When Matt isn’t in the Salt Lake City office, he spends time with his wife and five wonderful children. He is passionate about self-betterment and traveling the world. Matt’s bucket list is brimming with adventure, including visiting every continent and seeing every Wonder of the World.
- University of Utah – J.D. 1991
- University of Utah – B.A. English 1988
- Founder of Driggs Bills & Day of The Advocates – 1998
- Founding partner of Driggs, Osborne & Huang – 1996
- Contract attorney – 1991
- Washington Bar Association – 2012
- Mentor for new lawyers with the Utah Bar Association – 2010
- Utah Trial Lawyers Association – 2000
- Utah Bar Association – 1992