A Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Few things are as traumatic, upsetting, and damaging as the neglect or abuse of a family member. People place a high level of trust in nursing homes and other facility-based long-term care homes. Elderly or disabled family members who require help full-time might move to a nursing home or residential facility that provides many of the long-term health and personal care services they need. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse cases are not uncommon.
If your family member has suffered mistreatment, neglect, or abuse at the hands of nursing home staff, you need an attorney who can offer you competent and compassionate care while helping you obtain a financial settlement.
The Advocates’ personal injury attorneys are here for you. We will handle your loved one’s abuse case with the same attentiveness, understanding, and concern that we would a member of our own family.
Consultations are always free. Contact The Advocates personal injury law firm today to begin the road to recovery.
The Next Steps In Your Case
Injury or Illness
If your loved one suffered an illness or injury due to neglect or abuse, you may have a case
A nursing home neglect attorney can help you understand your legal options
Your family member will need to be seen and treated by a medical professional
Keep track of all treatment your family member receives
When treatment is completed, your case can move forward
Your attorney will send a demand letter to the negligent party and negotiations will begin
Frequently Asked Questions
You will pay nothing out-of-pocket when you hire an Advocate.
Your initial consultation with us is always 100% free. There are never any upfront costs or hidden fees.
Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that our attorney fees are calculated as a percentage of your settlement. We don’t get paid unless we win your case and you receive a settlement.
For more information on how settlements and payment work, please see our contingency fee information page.
Not every accident requires an attorney. However, if the accident resulted in injuries or significant property damage, it is a good idea to contact a lawyer. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the claims process, which can be lengthy and complex.
Your attorney will build your case, keep track of your medical records, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary. Studies have shown that accident victims who hire a personal injury lawyer can receive settlements up to 3.5 times larger than if they settled on their own.
The best way to know if you have a case is to speak with an attorney. The Advocates offer free consultations—you can speak with a qualified legal team to understand what your case is worth without paying a dime. Once you have decided to hire an Advocate, we will investigate your accident to firmly establish liability.
Every personal injury case is different. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to accident claims. The length of the claims process will depend on the severity of your injuries, the willingness of the other party to settle, the court’s caseload, and more.
In general, personal injury cases can take anywhere from several months to a few years. It’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible to get your case started. Each state has a statute of limitations for personal injury cases, after which you will lose your right of action.
When you hire The Advocates, we will begin investigating your accident immediately while you finish medical treatment. Once all evidence and medical records have been compiled, your attorney will send a demand letter to the other party’s insurance company. At this point, negotiations will begin.
In many cases, a settlement can be reached during negotiations. If the other party refuses to make a fair offer, you may choose to file a suit. In the litigation phase, your attorney will represent you in court in front of a judge, jury, and/or arbitrator.
We Get Results
A Team of Legal Professionals Assigned to Your Case
For more than 30 years, The Advocates have helped thousands of personal injury victims receive the compensation and care they deserve after their accidents, and we are prepared to do the same for you.
We can help you:
- Understand the claims process
- Gather evidence
- Keep track of treatment
- File your claim
- Negotiate a settlement
- Take your case to court if necessary
Talking to a Professional
- No need to schedule an appointment
- No need to wait for an email response
- Free online consultation
- Talk directly with an attorney
I was in an accident 3 years ago and had a very bad experience with the attorney back then I was in another accident last year and called the advocates mark and his team were amazing changed my view on accident attorneys they kept I'm touch with me every step of the way gave me authority on choices for myself I didn't have to go with what they said I could go against it and they still would have worked with me the same I had choices this time around I would always go with Mark I have even sent friends his way just cause I appreciate all the help and support the whole way threw.
My experience with the advocates was a good one. After being hit by a car on my motorcycle they helped me with a settlement with the insurance company to get the hospital bills paid. They were extremely helpful. They always answered any questions I had with in a day. Every email I sent was always responded to. If you unfortunately has to go through a injury by another person I would recommend them in helping you resolve any debt you have because if that injury. The Advocates were great to work with and help me get this unfortunate event behind me.
Steve and his crew at The Advocates were nothing short for amazing. They took my case after I was rear-ended resulting in neck surgery. Steve and company made sure all of the was taken care of and that I got the maximum compensation possible. I definitely recommend The Advocates
Mr. Brad Johnson, our lawyer; was Awesome! He was very informative, kept us up to date on my case with regular calls. He returned calls back to us within 24 hours or less. Brad Johnson is very courteous, honest, kind, and a pleasure to talk to and work with. There are very few Lawyers out there that could even come close to the high morals that Brad Johnson has and has shown towards us. We need more lawyers like Brad Johnson . If we ever needed a disability lawyer again in the future; it would be Brad Johnson and The Advocates Firm that he works at. We will definitely turn ALL of our family and friends towards this lawyer and firm; in a heartbeat!!!
I want to First say that I am truly thankful for the advocates Law Firm they have been a great service to me through this ordeal and Katie she is a tremendous lawyer someone that I would recommend she fights tooth and nail for her clients and the rest of the team they supported me to the fullest with that being said I would like to say for anyone who is trying to find an attorney to fight their case The Advocates is the way to go.
Nursing Home Abuse FAQs
What are types of nursing home abuse?
Nursing home residents may experience a number of types of abuse or neglect at the hands of their caregivers, including:
- Physical abuse
- Psychological or emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
What are warning signs of nursing home abuse?
Common signs of nursing home abuse or neglect can vary, but some indicators that may suggest mistreatment or inadequate care include:
- Physical signs: Unexplained injuries like bruises, cuts, burns, or broken bones may be signs of physical abuse. Bedsores (pressure ulcers) or poor hygiene could indicate neglect.
- Emotional or behavioral changes: Unusual behavior such as withdrawal, depression, anxiety, agitation, or fearfulness may indicate emotional abuse.
- Malnutrition or dehydration: Sudden weight loss, sunken eyes, pale skin, and cracked lips may be signs of deprivation of food or fluids.
- Medication errors: Frequent mistakes in medication administration, improper dosages, or failure to provide necessary medical care are serious red flags. In some instances, this may even constitute medical malpractice.
- Social isolation: Residents who are kept away from other residents or restricted from participating in activities and social events may be experiencing emotional abuse or neglect.
- Unexplained financial transactions: Unusual or unauthorized transactions, changes in financial arrangements, or sudden depletion of a resident’s finances may indicate financial abuse.
- Lack of staff member attentiveness: Inadequate supervision, delayed responses to calls for assistance, or unaddressed medical needs may point to neglectful conditions.
- Resident’s own reports: If a resident express concerns about their treatment, safety, or well-being, it is important to take their statements seriously and investigate further.
If you suspect your loved one is experiencing nursing home negligence or elder abuse, document all injuries, illnesses, and other signs of abuse. If the situation is an emergency, call 911 immediately.
In non-emergent circumstances, your nursing home abuse attorney will be able to help you report the abuse or neglect to the proper authorities.
Nursing Home Abuse Statistics
United States nursing home abuse statistics
- Approximately 3 million people reside in nursing homes across the United States.
- Studies have found that at least one in 6 adults living in a nursing home facility or other similar community have experienced abuse.
- 2 out of 3 nursing home staff members have reported committing abuse in the past year.
- Many countries, including the US, are experiencing rapidly aging populations, which is expected to increase the prevalence of elder abuse.
- Psychological abuse is the most common type of abuse reported by residents of nursing homes.
Negative impacts suffered by victims of nursing home abuse
No abuse or neglect case is exactly the same as another–the impacts on victims vary greatly depending on the situation. Some common abuse-related consequences include:
- Serious injuries or illness
- Loss of self-esteem
- Feelings of shame or guilt
- Distress, loneliness, or isolation
- Depression or anxiety
- Increased rates of hospitalization and mortality
- Sleep disturbance
- Loss of financial independence
Why Should I Hire a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney?
If you plan to file a nursing home abuse lawsuit, you need experienced, caring legal representatives who can take over the most difficult parts of the claims process for you. When a loved one has been abused, many family members experience severe emotional anguish on their behalf.
A personal injury lawyer with The Advocates will take on the claims process for you, so you and your loved ones can focus on healing. We will build your case, keep track of documents, negotiate with the other party, and do what it takes to get you the financial compensation you deserve.
Our legal team will be by your side every step of the way–we are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We will keep you updated on the status of your case and provide any assistance you need throughout the entirety of your case.
Contact The Advocates today for a free case evaluation. You deserve an attorney who truly cares about you and your loved ones. You deserve an Advocate.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
- CALL US
- FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
- CHAT WITH US