Since our first day in business, The Advocates’ mission has been to improve our communities by helping those around us, both in and out of the courtroom. We strive to stay involved and look for opportunities to serve. However, we understand that our efforts wouldn’t be half as meaningful or effective without the contributions of our community members.
This March, we’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with the American Red Cross to host our 2nd annual community blood drive in Utah. Blood donations are one of the most impactful things an ordinary person can do to help those around them.
To show appreciation to those who donate, every donor will receive a $10 gift from Amazon and will be entered in a drawing to win a trip to Florida. CLICK HERE to schedule your blood donation appointment.
American Red Cross Blood Donation Facts
Did you know:
- Every 2 seconds, someone in the United States needs a blood and/or plasma transfusion
- Blood donations are most commonly used to help accident victims, surgery patients, people with sickle cell disease, and people undergoing chemotherapy
- A single car accident victim can require up to 100 units of blood
- Type O-negative blood is known as the universal donor, because it is the only type of blood that is safe to use in all patients, regardless of the recipient’s blood type
- Only 3% of eligible blood donors actually donate blood each year
- Red Cross blood donors provide about 40% of the nation’s blood supply annually
- Hospitals and other medical care providers rely on blood donations because blood and platelets cannot be artificially manufactured
The Advocates are honored to be part of such a critical component of many Americans’ lives, but we need your help too. If you are physically able and eligible to donate, we would be thrilled to have you join us at our blood drive this March. See eligibility requirements here.
The Advocates Community Blood Drive Information
When: Monday, March 6th, 2023; 1:00pm- 7:00pm
Where: Wasatch Rooms; 6616 S. 900 E. Salt Lake City, UT 84121
Appointments Required. CLICK HERE to schedule your donation appointment.
Thank you for committing to provide a lifesaving donation to people in our community. We can’t wait to see you there.